Thursday, October 20, 2016

"Antidote" for Desire



    I think that it is counter-productive for one to try to overcome strong feelings of desire or aversion, to bury them or push them away in order to to be more "spiritual," trying to replace thoughts of a "lacking self" with those of a "complete self." "Self" doesn't even come into the picture!  All the truth studying, the contemplation, the meditation, is a preparation for the Silence, that state which is free of  "engagement" with whatever comes into our field of perception: things, thoughts, sensations, pertaining to any sense of "self". It even comes down to not engaging with the desire to transcend desire, which is just another image, flickering on the movie screen of Unblemished Awareness, the I that I AM. In the pristine silence of the "resist not" realm of Being, the Kingdom of IS, we allow the Inner Voice to pray within us and say, "Son [child] thou art ever with me, and ALL that I have [I AM] is thine [and ONLY what I have, and I AM, is all there is to You as ME.] IS; AM; NOW; ONE: the only “antidote” for desire!

1 comment: